Enter to win a luxury summer weekend in Whistler including a weekend rental of a brand new Cadillac XT4 Crossover from Dueck!
Spot this beauty around town from NOW to February 11, and enter to win the weekend of a lifetime
Two nights at the Westin Resort & Spa including transportation in a Brand New Cadillac XT4!
JCC Sports Dinner Contest Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to enter a Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of, and the age of majority in, the province of British Columbia;
(b) if applicable, be the sole owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Work (as defined below) submitted in connection with the Contest; and
(c) if applicable, have a valid Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account at the time of entry.
(d) The JCC shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contests. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the JCC for the purpose of the Contests must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The JCC reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. Each Contest entry period shall start at December 10, 2018, 00:00 PST and end February 11, 2019, 23:59 PST. After which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
(a) Snap it a picture of the Sports Dinner Cadillac, share it on Twitter or Insagram, Tag @DueckGM, follow @JCCSportsdinner and tag the post with the hashtag #DuecklovesJCC
(b) Limit of one (1) entry per person per Contest Period, unless otherwise indicated. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered and the remainder will be void.
(c) No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential Contest winner.
(d) If Work has been submitted by an entrant in connection with the Contest, each entrant agrees that the JCC may post the Work on Sponsor owned or controlled websites, viewing galleries and/or social media platforms. Each entrant further represents and warrants that: (i) the Work does not contain any material that is libelous, defamatory, profane or obscene; (ii) the Work is original and all right, title, and interest (including copyright) therein and thereto is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable the JCC to use the Work as contemplated by these Contest Rules; and (iii) the Work does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party.
(e) Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account associated with the entry, as applicable. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, Facebook, Twitter or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, Facebook or Twitter accounts for the domain or account associated with the submitted e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account. Each selected entrant may be required to provide JCC with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account associated with the winning entry.
(f) There is no purchase necessary to enter a Contest.
(a) Rental of a brand-new luxury vehicle courtesy of Dueck GM for a weekend in Whistler at the Westin Resort & Spa!
(b) Winner(s) will be contacted by the JCC with instructions on how to claim the prize. If winner(s) are required to pick up their prize from the JCC (as determined by the JCC in its sole discretion) they must do so within three (3) weeks of confirmation as a winner. Failure to pick up a prize within three (3) weeks of confirmation as a winner will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS.
(a) Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the JCC. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The JCC reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(b) Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any expense not explicitly included in the prize.
(c) The JCC shall not assume any liability for a lost, damaged or misdirected prize.
(d) Must have valid full drivers license (N’s, or L’s will not be permitted). Must be 26 years of age or older. Dueck requires winner’s drivers license and consent form to be filled out prior to releasing the vehicle. Vehicle cannot travel in snowy conditions and therefore will be subject to weather.
(e) Westin Whistler expires November 1, 2019. Must book in advance. Valid May 3, 2019 – November 1, 2019. Not available on long weekends, statutory holidays, including: Victoria Day long weekend May 18-20, 2018, Canada Day July 1, 2019, August long weekend 2-5, 2019, and Labour Day weekend August 30-September 2, 2019. Nights must be used consecutively. Booking is subject to availability.
6. WINNER SELECTION.
(a) Following the end of the applicable Contest Period, JCC will select two (2) entrants by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, unless otherwise indicated. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received for the Contest. Any remaining entries will not be carried over for entry in the next Contest.
(b) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of a Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the correct number of prizes.
7. RELEASE. Potential winner(s) (and if applicable, any guest(s) of the winner(s)) may be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms his or her: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the prize as offered; (iii) release of the JCC, if applicable, Facebook and Twitter, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the JCC of the unrestricted right to produce, reproduce, convert, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt, and otherwise use or re-use the submitted Work, his or her name, image, likeness, comments, voice and/or biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised in connection with publicity related to the Contest. The executed Release(s) must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or verification as a winner, or the selected individual(s) will be disqualified and any rights he or she may have to the prize will be forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
9. RIGHTS CLEARANCE. By providing the Work to the JCC in connection with the Contest (if applicable), each entrant shall retain all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Work, and shall grant to the JCC a worldwide, gratuitous, irrevocable, and exclusive licence to copy, use, modify, reproduce, display, adapt and transmit the Work for use in all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity beginning on the date of entry, including, but not limited to, in connection with the administration, promotion and exploitation of the Contest. The entrant hereby confirms that the Work is an original work, solely created by the entrant, and that no third party participated as an author, co-author, photographer or otherwise in the creation of the Work or any part thereof. The JCC assume no responsibility for any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy and/or personality, and all such liability shall remain with the entrant. In addition, each entrant represents to JCC that the Work does not infringe any copyright interest of any third party and that the Work is not defamatory or obscene and does not violate any laws relating to hate speech or otherwise. JCC reserve the right to exclude any Work on the basis of concerns relating to the rights of third parties, including but not limited to privacy, copyright, defamation, rights of personality, obscenity or hate speech, as determined by JCC in their sole discretion.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The JCC assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The JCC is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The JCC assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The JCC assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the JCC, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the Contest Website
11. CONDUCT. By participating in a Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the JCC, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The JCC reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website, or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any the Sponsor’s property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE JCC RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If applicable, winners (and guests, if applicable) must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the prize and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at any prize-related locations. The JCC reserve the right to remove from any prize-related locations, any winner(s) and/or guest(s) who break such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such winner(s) and/or guest(s).
12. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the JCC the right to use his/her personal information provided when he/she enters the Contest and the Work (if applicable) (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winner(s) and coordinating the provision of the Contest prize; (ii) grants to the JCC the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest in any and all media without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the JCC may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of the JCC in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and/or (ii) above.
(b) JCC will use the entrant’s Personal Information only for identified purposes.
13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the JCC and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
14. TERMINATION. JCC reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate any Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend a Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
15. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contests are subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the JCC and/or the Contests. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the JCC in connection with the Contests shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
16. DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
17. SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook and/or Twitter. Any personal information provided in connection with the Contest is being provided to JCC and not to Facebook and/or Twitter. Any questions or comments regarding a Contest must be directed to JCC and not to any of the social media platforms on which the Contest may have been advertised or administered.